The Confucius Institute of Artois was officially opened on 23rd October 2008, at Artois University, Arras, in conjunction with the Hanban (the Chinese Language and Cultural Office of China's Ministry of Education) and Nanjing University, China. It has enjoyed the support of the Nord-Pas de Calais Regional Council; the General Council of the Nord-Pas de Calais; the City of Arras and its Urban Community; and the Education Department of the Chinese Embassy.
Since its inauguration, the Confucius Institute of Artois has continued to develop in the north of France. For its fourth anniversary there is a varied program of activities and events.
The Confucius institute of Artois puts great effort into promoting Chinese language and culture through numerous conferences, workshops and academic courses. It aims to create a forum for transcultural dialogue open to all who wish to discover one of the oldest and richest civilisations in the world. It is truly a collective and cultural adventure.
- To teach Chinese using the most modern methods available, including multimedia and the internet
- To provide courses for teachers who wish to teach Chinese in primary and secondary schools
- To organize language testing in Chinese (HSK - Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi - and other tests in the teaching of Chinese as a foreign language).
- To organize Chinese courses at various levels, using various themes
- To sponsor academic activities and exams in Chinese
- To show Chinese films and TV programs
- To advise those who wish to study in China
- To provide reference tools for teachers and other professionals
The Confucius Institute
Phone: +33 (0)3 21 60 60 46