University Registration

Specific Administrative Requirements for Foreign Students on an Exchange Program

This procedure is compulsory. To register and obtain your student card you must :

- Fill in a registration form on the university reception day (early September or early January, according to your specific case)

- Subscribe to the French Social Security System for students (for further information click here). This is compulsory if you are a student under 28 years old and a citizen from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland. (Cost for 2013-2014: 211 euros).

Students from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland who are over the age of 28 can apply for the CMU (a French social welfare program which reimburses medical expenses through the social security system to all those who legally reside in France for more than 3 months).

Students from the European Economic Area or Switzerland must be in possession of the European Health Insurance Card valid for the entire duration of their stay in France. If they do not have this card, they will be required to adhere to the French Social Security System for Students.

- Provide a third-party liability insurance certificate that will cover you at all times during your stay. You may purchase such insurance either in your home country or upon arrival in France. This will cost less than 30 euros for the academic year. We also recommend that you contract personal accident insurance (which guarantees the payment of benefits in case of an accident that might lead to death, disabling or incapacitating conditions, and repatriation insurance).


Your contact:

International Relations Office - Service des Relations Internationales
9 rue du Temple - BP 10 665
62 030 Arras Cedex

Phone: +33 (0)3 21 60 38 96

Reception of Incoming Exchange Students - Accueil Etudiants Etrangers d'Echange

Ms Betty Paul
Phone: +33 (0)3 21 60 38 68


Université d'Artois - 9, rue du Temple - BP 10665 - 62030 ARRAS CEDEX - France - Tél : +33 (0)3 21 60 37 00